Sunday, September 20, 2015

Lily's Law by Danielle Torella Review

Lily's Law
By Danielle Torella





Synopsis

My clients call me Lily... Lily Stargazer.
No I'm not a stripper or a street walker...

But I sure as hell like to push it deep.

I call the shots, I take control, that’s how it goes. Don't like it? There's the door.

Everyone has a dark side, I wear mine proudly. Sure I have my secrets and a past, just like everyone else, but only he knows where I come from and he doesn't think I belong here.
Do I?

But even those who seem to be plain as day, have the darkest sides of all and when the lights go out and the bulb is changed, they can't hide it much longer.

I know who I am and I am not everyone’s shot of tequila...
But I sure as hell ain't a fine wine.




Excerpt 

"Do you see anything you want for your business?" I lean over the counter, giving him a view of the girls. I do this a lot to intimidate men, to see who actually has the balls to handle me. 
"I like everything I see." He holds his hands out to gesture the room, but he never takes his eyes off of mine. 
"You have a very unique style and I am deeply intrigued."

Teasers





Review


Amazing read!!! Raw, honest, and different!!! I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. The cover alone had me anxious to read it from the moment I saw it. The bright colors mixed with the darkness had me drawn in. When I finally did get my hands on this, I began reading right away. It was definitely not what I expected. Lily has worked her way up from nothing and now owns a successful business in Vegas. She has this care free, devil may care attitude. She tells it how it is, and what she says goes. What I love about this character is that she is different, in that she isn’t self conscious about herself. She is sexy and she knows it. She uses what she has to get what she wants. I love that she’s not insecure. She’s strong and outspoken. If it’s in her heart, it’s out her mouth. She can go from sweet and innocent, to ripping balls off and snatching hair out in a matter of a breath. What I love about her most though, is that she is honest and direct. She doesn’t pretend. She wears her personality on the outside. Lawson is not what I expected when I started this book. He is not who I pictured pursuing a girl like Lily. They are from two completely different worlds. But, as they say, the heart wants what the heart wants. I’d like to write more, because I loved this book so much, but I don’t want to spoil the book too much for anyone.  I give this book 4.5 stars. ~Tab



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment