Saturday, April 11, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Where Sea meets Sky by Karina Halle


Synopsis:
Joshua Miles has spent his early twenties spinning his wheels. Working dead-end jobs and living at home has left him exhausted and uninspired, with little energy to pursue his passion for graphic art. Until he meets Gemma Henare, a vivacious out-of-towner from New Zealand. What begins as a one-night stand soon becomes a turning point for Josh. He can’t get Gemma out of his head, even after she has left for home, and finds himself throwing caution to the wind for the first time in his life.
It’s not long before Josh is headed to New Zealand with only a backpack, some cash, and Gemma’s name to go on. But when he finally tracks her down, he finds his adventure is only just beginning. Equally infatuated, Gemma leads him on a whirlwind tour across the beautiful country, opening Josh up to life, lust, love, and all the messy heartache in between. Because, when love drags you somewhere, it might never let go—even when you know you have to say goodbye.




Review:
Is a one night stand ever really a one night stand? Not for Josh and Gemma. It leads Josh not only on the adventure of his life but back to Gemma who may just be the love of his life.
I have said many times before.....I love everything Karina Halle writes. She has a way of slowly pulling a reader in and taking them on the adventure right along with the characters. I admit I was a bit concerned with the first page of the book. I literally was like "whoa...not sure how I feel about this." But of course that changed rather quickly.
Once Josh got to New Zealand the book really picked up. I enjoyed all of the places they went to and found myself searching google to find these amazing places. I have never wanted to go to another country so much in my life!
Every character was so real. Josh, Gemma, Amber...even Nick the Dick.
There were so many quotes I loved as well and I had a hard time keeping track of them since I purchased the paperback instead of the ebook. Let me just list a few in addition to the one above:
"You are not an easy person to love because you don't seem to have any use for it. You don't want it. But the more you push, the more I pull. I fell in love with you because it was like staring at the frozen sea. I only saw the surface but I knew there was more underneath, miles of depth that no one has had a chance to discover."
“Home isn’t a country or a place … It’s where you belong.”
“I love you, I think as my heart seems to expand inside me.
And you’ll hurt me.
You’ll burn me.
You’ll mark me.
But it’s already worth it.”
Amazing job once again Karina Halle.
4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment