Monday, September 22, 2014

Review for The Rhythm of my Heart by Velvet Reed




Synopsis:
** This book is recommended for people over 18 years due to strong language and sexual content.**

Grace Rivers is your everyday twenty-five year old. She could have the world at her feet, but instead chooses to help run the family business. After experiencing great loss early in her life, Grace values what's most important: her family and friends. But she aches to find that certain someone—that one great, passionate love who values family as much as she does.

Cole Tierney loves his life. He has a wonderful family, a loyal best friend and a successful career as an ER doctor. The only downside is he wants someone to share it with. After being used and left heartbroken, he wants to find someone who will love him for him and not his or his family's status.

"Every beat my heart makes is for you. Every time it beats faster it's because of you—because you're near me, because of your smile—because you take my breath away."

Their two hearts collide by chance and an undeniable connection is quickly made.

But when others are plotting against their happiness, will their love flatline, or will the rhythm of their hearts continue to beat as one?





Review: Oh my God!!!!! I am still sobbing!!! Why would you do this to me Velvet Reed??? This book is such a beautiful story. It's about a girl who has been through tragedy in the past but has come through it all a better person. Grace Rivers is a really good person. She puts family first, ALWAYS. She's even given up a promising career for the sake of her family. Her heart cannot get any bigger. She takes it all in and goes with the flow. Her life is all of a sudden changed when she meets Dr. McSexy Pants (Dr. Cole Tierney). She meets him by sheer luck, or unluck, depending on how you look at the circumstances, and is immediately attracted to him. A few days later, Cole decides that he just has to have Gracie in his life and puts a plan in motion to catch her eye. With the help of Ashley, Grace's bestest friend forever, Cole succeeds in getting Grace to agree to a date. Grace has been hurt in the past, so she's a little leery of dating again. She's pretty content with her family (her dad, Charlie, and Ruby), but she gives him a chance anyways. Everything is going great, until the evil she-witch Miranda decides to show her face every chance she gets. Miranda is a "family friend" who would love nothing more than to have Cole to herself, so every time Grace turns around, Miranda is making rude remarks about her choice of career, her family, and even her clothing. I wanted to jump in the book and stab her in the eye with a spoon. But that's okay, Grace handles herself really well. I was so proud of her! Then, when Grace and Cole get the surprise of a lifetime, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. There are tears, yelling, and even a little blood shed. Just when things are getting back on track, everything goes to hell. Will they make it? Will everything be okay? Or will Cole be left with regret and a whole slew of questions, not to mention extreme heartbreak??? Questions that need answers!!! Guess I'll have to read the next book in this series to find out!! Yes, this was a really good book, however, I really dislike the ending and how broken my heart is right now... I'm left with way more questions than answers. I'm used to cliff hangers, but this one just kind of stopped. I mean, I didn't even realize that it was already over. I just can't get over the ending! WHY of why would you do this to me Velvet?! My heart hurts and the tears just won't stop! I give this book 4.5 stars. 

~Review done by Tab~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment