Friday, June 6, 2014

Review- Fall to You by Lexi Ryan

Fall to You by Lexi Ryan


Torn between two men…

When I woke up after the accident, I couldn’t remember anything from the last year—including my relationship with Max Hallowell or anything about Nate Crane. Now my memories are returning, but instead of answering my questions, they’re leaving me with more.

The man who broke my heart and wants to be my future…

Max is all I ever wanted, and now he wants to marry me. He’ll do everything he can to fill my life with love, family, and security. I need those things now more than ever. But can I trust him?

The man who stole my heart and wants to let me go…

Nate never made me promises, and I never asked him to. I’d been on the rebound, looking for a distraction, and he made me feel beautiful and wanted when I needed to feel those things most. He says he has to let me go, but what if I can’t let go of him?

With every revelation and every passing day, I feel more like Alice down the rabbit hole. I’m falling. Who will catch me?

Fall to You is the second book in the Here and Now series. It is not a stand-alone and is intended to be read following Lost in Me. Hanna’s story concludes in book three, All for This




Erycka's review-

Copy provided for honest review.

This is the second book in the Here and Now series. And if you haven’t read Lost in Me, you must read it before reading this book and quite possibly this review. I make no promises about spoilers…sorry!

OH. MY. FREAKING. LANTA! I completed this book in a day and a half and would have had it done in a day had life not interrupted me! I am bias. I LOVE Lexi and the way she writes. Her style suites my reading likes and dislikes. I appreciate that. I knew going into this series that it is a three-parter. And as I stated in my review of Lost in Me; this knowledge does NOT make it any easier when the book ends!!

In this book we journey a little deeper into what happened with Hanna before her accident. We are given tidbits of information dropped like sprinkles on a cake. They are the decoration for what is underneath. Unfortunately, what lies below isn’t very pretty. Lies, secrets, and betrayals.

“Food is life.” “’Food and sex,’ he murmurs. I never understood why people have to demonize something meant to be enjoyed.”

Hanna finds out that she’s pregnant at the end of Lost in Me. Which to her is impossible considering she’s a virgin, right? As her memory comes back, she starts to remember things that occurred before she lost her past. Pictures of Nate flash through her like shooting stars…at first they aren’t that clear and boom another piece of her twisted puzzle falls into place.

“But I’m weak and selfish as shit and keep calling you back because I can’t get enough of you.”

The heartache/break in Hanna’s journey is almost palpable. The back and forth between past and present is done flawlessly. Kudos, Lexi!

There is discovery, angst, love, loss, and a pure raw openness to this story. I experienced one of the worst book hangovers I’ve had in a very long time after completing this book. I think on some levels, I’m still recovering!

I am in love with both Max and Nate. Quite the conundrum.

“I know I don’t deserve this. I don’t deserve you. But I swear to you I’m going to earn it. Our life together. Waking up next to you. I’m going to earn it, Hanna.”


5+++++ emotionally charged hearts!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment