Thursday, June 5, 2014

Envisioning Hope by Tracy Lee- Review

Eyes can only see so far…

Hope Saxton had it all. Her own business with her best friend, Libby, her wonderful husband, Charlie was everything she could’ve dreamed of and her sweet baby son, Sawyer was the light of her life. There was nothing more that she could’ve asked for. 
Until one night her world was tragically turned upside down, in the blink of an eye, everything was taken away from her along with something else; her sight. Not having anything to live for, Hope has turned her back on her family and friends and given up on life.
Hopeless.
Therapist Oliver Sheldon has been ordered to help rehabilitate a blind Hope so that she is able to reconnect with the real world. This is going to be a challenge as Hope Saxton has no desire to do anything but wither away and die. Not willing to give in, she fights him tooth and nail to not give up living in the memories of her former life.
Oliver becomes determined to heal Hope with everything that is within him and along the way, he finds not only does he care about this woman’s future but that he wants to become a part of it.
Can Hope open her eyes to something more than darkness and envision the hope she has been desperately wanting to reconnect with or will she be destined to wither away unhappy and hopeless?


Sav's Review

Wow, first off I will start by saying that I am a huge Tracy Lee fan, she never lets me down so when I was offered a copy of Envisioning Hope I jumped right on it. I never looked up the book, I never researched it, I didn't even read the blurb. I just dove in..... 

Very early in this book a tragedy strikes, it's huge and it seriously knocked the wind out of me. My heart totally shattered. I had to step away for a few minutes just to get my head together. Hope gets hit hard with devastation and just wants to be left in her own self pity.

Imagine having the perfect life. The perfect husband, a beautiful baby boy, and basically the life that people dream of. Then one day, one night, it is all stripped away from you. You wake up in a hospital but you can't see. You beg the doctors to let you see your family and you beg them to turn on the lights. One problem is, the lights are already on and your family is dead. This book took me on a ride of emotions. Seeing Hope struggle her inner demons that haunt her daily. Seeing her give up. Until she meets Ollie. He comes in her life as a therapist. He takes all that she gives. He stays on her and doesn't care if he pushes too hard.

But what happens when lines get blurred? When feelings get involved? Can Ollie help Hope heal and move on from her tragic past?

This book was very raw and at times leaves your heart bleeding and Tracy does the unthinkable and turns a story of heartbreak into a story of HOPE. I give this book 4.5 heartwarming stars!!!


Due Date- June 15, 2014 




No comments:

Post a Comment