Monday, June 23, 2014

Changing Forever by Lisa DeJong - Review

CHANGING FOREVER

I’ve always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up.

Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team on his shoulders.

He unravels the feelings and beliefs I’ve held onto for so long. 

I thought we had it all figured out. Two people who’d finally found their happily ever after, but the past always has a way of sneaking into the present.

With one decision, everything changes … forever.



Review by Erycka

First let me say, I am a forever fan of Lisa's! Her writing is the kind that will wrap you in warm blanket and cuddle you until your finished with her story...or in this case; Emery and Drake's story.

We first met Emery in After the Rain. She is Kate's college roommate. She's kind, loving, fun spirited, and a loyal friend. She also happens to be dating  Drake. He is completely dreamy, a football star with a dark history.

Their relationship flourishes into something serious and because of this, they decide to spend Thanksgiving together. Just the two of them. The night before the holiday, things heat up between them. One act changes things in way neither of them saw coming. The day after Thanksgiving, Drake gets hurt out on the field. This is where I had to take a deep breath and brace myself for the rollercoaster ride I knew Lisa was about to take me on. All I could see was red!! I just knew...I didn't want to, but I did. Drake fueled my anger with every turn of my Kindle. At this point, there was no redemption for him. None!

"You were just another curve in the road. Another thing holding me back from what I should be concentrating on. You're the reason I'm here, Emery. You."

Thank goodness I can admit when I'm wrong!!

"I want to give you everything ... especially the things that make you smile."

This story is one that will pull at your heart strings. At times there will be laughter, anger, happiness, and some sadness. In the end, you will be happy you endured and forged ahead with finishing it.

I give this five footballs!!

Buy it here

No comments:

Post a Comment