Monday, April 21, 2014

Review of RAW by Belle Aurora


Synopsis 
Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
It’s unconventional.
But it’s real.
I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.
This isn’t a story.
This is my life.

Leia's Review: 

“Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero.” He pauses a moment, then adds,“The world needs villains too.” 


Let’s be honest. 
We’ve all been warned that this isn’t a love story with a ”Happily Ever After”. 
There are no rainbows and butterflies at the end of this story. 
It’s honest. It’s real. It’s RAW. 



I’m not sure what I was expecting when I picked up RAW but it definitely far surpassed any expectations that I had. 



I don’t even know how to begin reviewing this book for several reasons. 



1. This book was so intense that I have been in a 2 week book hangover
2. Every time I go to write my review and I look back at my highlights, I become and emotional disaster all over again. 
3. I am in fear of giving too much away and ruining this amazing journey for those of you who haven’t read it. 



So, I have decided that unlike most of my reviews, I am not going to go into the plot at all. This story needs to be unfolded page by page. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT CAVE and read spoilers. I promise you will regret it. 



I will tell you – these characters are amazing. Each and every one of them is flawed to perfection. Lexi is strong, despite the circumstances that the world brought her into. And Twitch – well, he’s beyond damaged. Facing the world with no hope and a gut full of revenge seeking demons, he has to accept the fact that sometimes, life hands you something so beautiful and untainted – and it’s not a curse or a trick…..it’s a gift. 



"Suddenly frowning, he states, “I’m not a good person.” Leaning away from me, he adds, “You think a person like me deserves your type of goodness? No. I’ll tell you right now that I don’t.” Seeming frustrated with himself, he bites his thumbnail. “The thing is, I’m selfish. And I don’t give a fuck about what I deserve. All I care about is what I want. And I want you so fuckin’ bad that I’d do almost anything to keep you.'"



This story is filled with so much……gusto. I can’t even verbalize some of the feelings that I was put through while reading it. 
It truly opens your eyes to so much of life that we tend to overlook. So much of the gritty, dirty and raw events in life that we tend to gloss over are brought to light in a way that you can’t ignore them. You face them. Head-on. 



"'Do not fucking label me.” His fists ball by his sides as he extends his parting words. “Think on this, girl.” Spinning around, his eyes – full of fury – meet mine. “Who were you before people started telling you who you should be?'"



So many people have been running wild begging for a second book because of the way RAW ends. However, I must be in the minority. 
Not that I wouldn't devour another book about Twitch and Lexi – but the ending left me…..content. 
I was an emotional wreck, granted. But still – we were warned from the beginning that this isn't a typical love story. 



It’s been said that it’s a story of love gone wrong. 



But I tend to disagree with that as well – because to me, Twitch and Lexi’s love is so right. It’s love beyond circumstance and justice. It’s love that transcends everyday judgments and past wrongs. It’s pure love in its truest form. It is unconditional and heart wrenching.
It’s RAW, but it’s beautiful.



5 Twitchy Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment