Friday, February 28, 2014

*Review* Lucky Number Four by Amanda Jason

***A USA Today Bestseller***

Pandora Ann Phillips' life is just normal-crazy.



Her mom's psychic, her dad's mom is a snob, her mom's parental units are 'too down to earth' and her best friends are newlyweds. Okay, so her best friends being newlyweds isn't really abnormal, but living with them in a cramped two-bedroom apartment definitely is. Sex, sex, sex, is totally on their brains. Actually, it's not only on their brains, but it's on the kitchen table, couch, on top of the washer...well, you get the picture.



Being a celibate (not by choice, mind you) full-time college student, and working as an almost full-time barista, Pandora can't afford to lose anymore sleep. So, she decides to seek out a new place to lay her head. Enter three 'drool worthy' male models that are looking for a fourth roommate, and they want her...and won't take no for an answer.



Romantic hilarity ensues as Pandora's life turns completely upside down, and she begins to wonder if it will ever be the same again!



My Review

Ok so you know those books that you just click because the cover is pretty? But you never know when you are gonna make the time for it because you have SO MANY OTHER BOOKS. Well that is exactly what happened here. I clicked and went about my way on my current 'on the top must read now' tbr pile. I read an emotional one and was doomed with the dreaded 'funk' so i had no clue what in the hell to read. So I was graciously strumming through my kindle closed my eyes and clicked. I landed on this book. So I threw caution to the wind and started reading. My first impression was that it was gonna be a light, fun, carefree read and that is exactly what I got. This book had perfect flow. It was light. And I laughed so damn hard at times and giggled (yes I giggled *FAIL*) many many times.

Anyhoo Pandora (I love love that name) is living with her newly wed best friends and goes in search of a roomate. She sees a sign, gets the number and calls to schedule a day to come in. She meets the woman only to find out..... Wait for it... that the woman does not live in the *too good to be true, beautiful apartment* but her roomates were going to be 3 very gorgeous models. Any girls dream come true right? Wrong. She flees the scene like a woman gone mad only to have them hunt her down and beg her to be the Lucky Number Four. She agrees and moves in. They are not stuck up or self absorbed but she has some major hot flashes for one of the men. And one has the hots for her. But does Pandora develop feelings for the same guy that is developing feelings for her??? That is the big question here. One thing I have to say that I loved is the suspense. The book is fully Pandora's pov but every now and then you get a paragraph on the guy that is falling for her and you can see what he's thinking but she never reveals which model it is until she really reveals which model it is. And I loved that. My only negative thing about this book was how Pandora was so hard on herself. She was a beautiful girl and living with models and having low self worth is one thing but at times I thought maybe she was just overly hard on herself. Overall I really enjoyed this book and it gets 4 stars from me! <3 Sav

No comments:

Post a Comment