Monday, September 16, 2013

review of Arsen by Mia Asher


One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.

Ok y'all I have sat and tried to review this book 4 times now. It really is hard to put into words the excellence of this book. Trust me, I'm good with words but this book BLEW MY MIND!!!!

Let me start with my feelings toward Ben here. I instantly loved him. He is hot, sexy, loving, caring, understanding, and beautiful on the inside and out. Immediate love for him and his playful, kinky side. HE IS A GREAT MAN! 

First impression of Cathy was that she is very broken, shattered, and all around sad. She needed THERAPY. My heart broke for her.

Now we get to Arsen, I HATED him. He was arrogant and cocky and just plain out rude I was seriously appaled at his 'everyone loves me, I am hot and can get every girl I want' attitude. Grrrrrrr 

Cathy and Ben have been married 6 years, they wanted a family. The white picked fence, dream home, toys in the floor, the sound of little voices laughing, and a puppy in the yard kind of dream family. One problem, Cathy could get pregnant but she couldn't carry the child. This crushed me honestly she lost 3 babies and it killed her.

" Sex is not a problem. Love isn't either. I love ben as much as the first time we said those three beautiful words to each other, but as each baby was taken away from my body by fate, by life, a part of me died and was buried with them in the cold hard ground. The first miscarriage ripped a painful hole in side of me , the second one widened it, and the third just broke me."

So Arsen hits on her. She does the right thing and tells him NO i am married. He does not care. Finally he tells her OK its fine we can be friends. BIG mistake. I had alarm bells going off in my head. He was a distarction. He was easy to talk to. So she talked to him. It felt good to get it all out. Cathy then finds out she is pregnant again. I am praying that this baby lives so she can feel complete. Cathy is terrified but she doesn't talk to Ben, it's Arsen she talks to. I was screaming at this point in the book. Their pain was bringing them closer together all the while Ben was being pushed out. Soon at 12 weeks gestation Cathy loses baby #4. It sends her over the edge. She runs to Arsen and so the affair starts. He made her not feel. He made her not care. She was sick!! She needed help.

"Is love a strong enough glue to put me back together again? Is the love between  Ben and I strong enough to keep us together and our marriage afloat?"

" I love him. I've fallen in love with another man. But can you love two men at the same time? Because I think I do"

At this point in the book I felt sick, im not gonna lie. My heart was shattered for everyone. Ben was amazing, he didn't deserve that. Cathy was sick and confused and Arsen was just damaged. I honestly did not think I was gonna get a HEA in this book. Stuff started coming out, people got hurt, lies were told and I was broken. Eventually things all work out and two people get their HEA. It is one hell of a bumpy ride. This book took me on an emotional ride that I was not expecting. I could feel the pain and hurt in this book. I laughed and cried and sobbed. 

"Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven from misery, to make living fucking worthwhile. But as I stare at my wife, I know it's all fucking bullshit.
Love has the power to destroy you. Love has the power to bury you alive in a coffin full of pain and despair, robbing you of air, and your will to live- Ben"

"Arsen, he's my kryptonite"


Mia Asher get 5 heartbreaking, amazingly wonderful stars from me!!!
This book was simply amazing it took my breath away. Made me curse and cry and yell and utterly broke my heart but if you are looking for a book to completely captivate you then ARSEN is your book

BUY ARSEN ON AMAZON HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment