Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Author spotlight and interview with K.Pinson

K. Pinson 
23 Years Young.
Manager for an assisted living program working with mentally challenged adults.
Currently pursuing my degree in Music Therapy.
Loves Music, writing and reading.
Has a cockapoo dog named Jezebella that is closest thing I have to a child. She's a handful, but I love her.
Currently resides in Michigan, USA.
Addicted to Lip Gloss, Oreos and Sleep.




Interview with the author-

 Chicks-It is so nice to have you here may we ask you what made you get into writing?

K. Pinson-  I've been writing various things from an early age. I think that it is a great outlet to express yourself and get your feelings out. Some of the horrible things I would think when I was mad or upset.. i'd write instead of saying them out loud haha. Definitely for the best. My love for writing developed over time.


Chicks- Do you base any of your books on real life events? 


K. Pinson-  I wouldn't say complete real life events, but there are definitely bits and pieces of myself, friends and family in my books.

Chicks- .If you could do a dream cast of 'In spades' Who would you choose? 

K.Pinson- That's crazy hard... but I would definitely choose Brittany Murphy (actress) for Avalynn--- Justin Charles Reed for Daxton---(He's a model)---M. Shadows for Tripp (musician) and Jennifer Love Hewitt for Faith.. I don't have an Abby.. but there are tons of cute blonde haired, blue eyed little girls out there :P 

Chicks-.Who is your favorite author? 

K.Pinson- of all time.. probably Anne Rice. 

Chicks- Do you listen to music as you write? If so what is your favorite 'in the zone' song?

K. Pinson- Yes I do.. I generally create spotify playlists for ALL of my books or anything i'm writing.. and my current go to, in the zone song is probably Sail by AWOLNATION

Chicks- Who has inspired you most to follow your dreams? 

K.Pinson- My family has been a huge support..but ultimately author K.A. Robinson has been a huge influence to me.. she pushed me over the edge and towards my dream and always continues to inspire and encourage me. 

Chicks- If you could meet one author, who would it be? 

K.Pinson- Anne Rice! :P Or Abbi Glines.. I love her too! I love so mannnnnny authors! Molly McAdams, Tabatha Vargo, Sophie Monroe... Too many to name! Love all my fellow authors.

Chicks-what's your favorite guilty pleasure?

K.Pinson- hmmm. OREOS! :P My addiction... same with pepperoni. 

Chicks- Do you hand write your novels first or just use the computer? 

K.Pinson- I do a bit of both. I generally outline on paper.. if I don't have my computer handy i'll jot down chapters as they come to me. Mostly I let myself go on the computer.

Chicks- Favorite book of all time? 

K.Pinson-  Fahrenheit 451

Chicks-  Do you prefer e-reader or paperback? 

K.Pinson- E-reader!

Chicks-How old were you when you wrote your first novel?

K.Pinson-22... In Spades was my first full novel that I finished. 

We at Chicks wanna thank you for your time and support :)

Thankkk you so much for having me <3 <3


SYNOPSIS FOR IN SPADES-
Avalynn has been running from her past for a couple of years now....never very far but always extremely fast. With an alcoholic father, a void of a mother and a town full of gossip, she struggles to find her place in the world.The only thing that saved her on her path of self destruction is her beautiful little sister, her miracle. Desperately trying to save Abby from a life that Avalynn has been trying so hard to escape from, she plots to take Abby away.The plan going dangerously astray, leaving Avalynn beaten and broken in what once was the hallway mirror in her childhood home. Avalynn finally comes to in the hospital after nearly being beaten to death. Father-Dead, Mother-Missing, Abby-In foster care--Everything changing in the blink of an eye.

Avalynn immediately sets to work to get her life in order , receive custody of precious Abby and focusing every ounce of attention, giving Abby the the life she deserves. Avalynn, now a 22 year old Elementary School Teacher and New Mommy, struggling to raise a beautiful and feisty five year old whom was just diagnosed with Mild Autism Disorder. Lots of challenges for her to face in the midst. Avalynn is ready to go at them all head on if it means Abby is raised in a happy and healthy home. Abby is the only thing she cares about...not even caring about herself or her life...that is...until she meets him. The man that can shatter her entire world with one glance. Their relationship a roller coaster ride from start to finish. One that Avalynn never wants to get off of..but she may not have a choice. Her happily ever after coming to a screeching halt yet again. Heartbreak, love, loss and hope--This story has it all, In Spades.

***18&Up due to Adult Situations and Language






No comments:

Post a Comment