Thursday, November 5, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flameSPARKS a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . . 

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . .

Review

Kristen Ashley is a staple on any reading device. I've been a huge fan and supporter of her for years. She's the answer to life's problems. If you are in a funk, KA is the answer. If nothing else is grabbing your attention, KA is the answer. She is the queen of what she does and I'll tell the world that in a heartbeat. Of course I jumped at the oppurtunity to read this book and it quickly starts out with that KA thing that I love. If you are a fan then you know how loud her voice is, you can find her quick banter and smoldering heat in a second. I can definitely tell her writing from a crowd, she can NEVER be duplicated. Anyhoots, back to my sole purpose of writing this review....

This is the story of Millie and Logan (High) and it's one that you'll not soon forget. Their love story starts out very early in life for them but it's a strong love, a powerful love. The once in a lifetime love that most dream about, that is until a nightmare happens and it's completely stripped away. Millie left with no warning essentially breaking Logan's heart only to return 20 years later.... The only thing is, will Logan even want to hear about the events that stripped Millie from his life or will the wall he's built up around his heart crumble to the ground with one look at Millie? 

This is a strong story, a heartbreaking story of the ultimate sacrifice. When life gives you no other choice, would you ruin the one you love just to give them what they wanted most? I loved the feel of this book. I found myself  needing to know more... But.... As much as I liked this book, I have to say it's not my favorite KA  read. I just found myself at a disconnect at times, not fully being able to connect with the characters or the story. Logan's dialogue is another problem for me, I found myself having to reread lines at times and after a bit it really got distracting. Have no fear though, chances are you won't agree with me, I seem to be in the minority on this one. 3.5 Stars!

Buy it here


No comments:

Post a Comment