Monday, September 28, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C Cherry

SYNOPSIS

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.


MY REVIEW 

"Each day was one breath at a time. I couldn't think much further than that, otherwise I'd choke on air."

Sometimes we read books, no scratch that, sometimes we run upon an author that has such talent that you don't read their books, you live them - you breath them. In a way, I feel exactly like the quote above - when thinking of the beautiful story, I have to mentally prepare myself or I too will choke on air. Seems silly eh? That a book can hit you so close to your heart that you feel like it's inside you living. Like it's strumming your heartstrings and making you breathe in every single word and every single syllable. Living it like it's your story and while all the while you're thanking God that it's not your story because you are not so sure you could handle it. Yes, that may sound like such a silly notion to some but believe me - once you read this book you will completetly understand my ramblings because sometimes a book really is THAT good. So good that any thing you write about it seems like a moot point because everything you write will cower in comparison - because there really are no words to describe how excellent the book was and that is exactly how this book was for me.

"One breath, one step."

Elizabeth is living the unthinkable. As a single mother, she's trying everything she can to go through the motions of living a normal life. She raises her daughter will pride and does a damn good job of that. She has wonderful friends (which make some of the best side characters) that a girl can have - but it's all a facade, nobody knows how much she silently dies every night....

The hardest thing about losing someone you love is the fact that you also lose yourself."

Tristan Cole the town asshole lives to himself. He doesn't need friends and makes no apologies for that. Isolated in his house with an ugly yard and an empty soul, Tristan is begging for help and doesn't even realize it. He's invisible in a town full of rumors and busy bodies. That is until Elizabeth sees him. Truly sees him.

"Whenever he walked past me, my cheeks flushed and I'd turn away as if I hadn't seen him. Even though I had. I always saw him." 

That's seriously as far as I'll go into the story with you to avoid spoilers of any sort (trust me, there's lots to spoil).

I highly suggest everyone reading this book. It has a little of everything in it. Little bit of humor, little bit of sweet, lotta bit of angst, and you can truly expect it to pull on your heartstrings, Brittainy did an absolute incredible job with this story. I'm not sure the book or the characters could be any more perfect. MUST READ!!!!

5++++ Stars!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment