Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Review: Bleeding Love by Harper Sloan



Synopsis:

I've loved once. I gave everything that I had to that love. Blindly believing that nothing could ever take that feeling away from me. Away from us. And when my little world of happiness was ripped from my fingers, I felt a loss that still haunts me to this day.

Now I use that lingering grief as a shield to keep my heart from loving again. It's that fear that keeps me from letting anyone, except my daughter, get close enough to make it hurt. To make my heart bleed when I inevitably lose again.

Until the day I met Liam Beckett and everything I thought I had protected myself from was shoved back in my face.

He's on a mission to prove to me that a love worth having is a love worth fighting for.

*Bleeding Love is the second book in the Hope Town series. It will follow Liam and Megan. Each book in the series is a HEA and can be read as a standalone.*
 



Leia's Review:

Harper Sloan has a way of pulling you into her stories and not letting you go. 
I love each and every book she’s written. They are filled with adventure and angst, sprinkled with humor and laced in love. Her alpha males are exquisite. I love the way she bonds her characters together – their friendships, their relationships they are priceless. They prove that family isn’t always blood. Family is love. 

Liam and Megan’s story is no different. It’s a wonderful story about embracing your past and letting it shape your future, but not control it. 
Megan has had a hard run of things. Her life has been anything but easy, and in order to cope with everything that has happened to her she’s shut herself off from feeling….well, anything. Even the good things. 
Try as she might, she can’t resist all that is Liam Beckett. (I wouldn’t be able to resist him either, Megs – don’t feel too bad)
She pushes, he pulls and their journey is one that took my breath away in the best possible way. 
As Liam pushes Megan to feel he breaks down her walls one by one – and I broke right along with her. 

There hasn’t been a youngster in the Corps Security mix since Cohen. And I ADORED Cohen, but Molly is really something special. 
Megan’s wonderful daughter stole the hearts of every man in the series, as well as mine. She was absolutely adorable and was the perfect addition to their story. 

I adore this series and this book. It was everything I hoped for and more. I highly recommend to everyone!
5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment