Wednesday, May 13, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Let it Be Me by Barbara Speak

Arianna Dubray is nothing like the girl she left in Baltimore. Once a Prada shoe wearing, Michael Kors bag carrying, on top of the world seventeen-year-old girl, Arianna knew that her life would never be the same when she got out of the car in middle-of-nowhere Montana.
Canyon Michaels is the keeper of his own dark secrets. Plagued by his family name, he's forced to prove the town wrong and make it on his own.
The last thing Arianna needs is a reason to stay, but with every passing day the decision to leave becomes harder. Once their paths cross nothing can tear themAPART, other than the secrets that start to surface and the nightmares that soon become their reality.


Review

This was my first experience with Barbara Speak's work so to say that I was going in blindly is an understatement. I didn't read the blurb or even see the cover until after I had started and was a good ways into the book. So, completely 100% blind. I saw a teaser she posted and fell in love and it all spiraled from that one teaser. 

Let me say, this book did NOT disappoint! From page one Barbara pulls the reader in, I found myself constantly trying to piece the little tiny pieces to the puzzle together which by the way is almost an impossible feat. She keeps you guessing, constantly reeling from the what could be's - not revealing anything until SHE was ready for you to know and this is almost impossible for an author to do because I can normally play Carmen SanDiego and figure it out, this book was not the case. Every theory I had was crushed... I was completely wrong every time. So kudos to you Mrs.Speak. 

This book starts out with Arianna and her family moving, leaving her whole past behind to a small country town where bon fires, dirt roads, horseback riding, and sweet tea is a given but she reveals nothing as to WHY this change is so important, keeping you guessing. Ari just wants to be invisible, to walk silently down the halls and be alone and she fails miserably at this task... New girl in a small town = Recipe for success or lack there of causing much  unwanted attention for Ari.

A sudden chance of events lands Ari in the pickup truck of a sexy southern Canyon Matthews. Canyon stirs something deep inside of Ari, accepting her no matter her secrets but with the acceptance of Ari's darkest secrets, lies his secrets as well. Can Ari and Canyon open up to one another about the past? And are they willing to accept the past so they can have a future?

This book had a little bit of everything in it. While I thought it was gonna be a super quick, easy read, it wasn't - it was so much more. When the secrets starting coming out (like a domino effect) I don't think I took a breath the entire time, even gasping out loud at times. This was a beautifully woven story of pain, betrayl, trust, and overall love. Can love really conquer all things? I highly recommend this one y'all 
5  crossing my heart stars! 

Add it to Goodreads Here

No comments:

Post a Comment