Friday, April 24, 2015

REVIEW- Art & Soul by Brittainy C Cherry


Synopsis:
I had always been the invisible art student in high school. 
Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed.
Now I was Aria Watson… that girl.
After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp.
I would never be invisible again.
Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.
Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of?
We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful.
We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.
Each other.


Review:
When I start a new book by an author who has released a previous book I absolutely loved, I worry. I worry because I loved the last book so much I want the next book to be just as good or better. Well I have news for everyone that has read Loving Mr. Daniels and adored it as much as me. You NEED to read Art and Soul. The story is so beautiful and real I couldn't put the book down. And when I did need to put the book down I was always thinking about it. Brittainy C. Cherry is definitely not a one hit wonder.

Art and Soul is about Aria and Levi. Aria is a girl that many can relate to. She made a mistake one night and now her life will never be the same. Levi moves in with his dad to try to strengthen their relationship and get some distance from his overly clingy mother. When Aria and Levi cross paths it's magical. Aria and Levi aren't the only great characters in this book. There is Simon, Aria's best friend who stands by her through everything even though he is trying to overcome his own issues. There is Awkward Abigail who becomes everyone's friend by accident.

Art and Soul will literally leave you laughing out loud but will have your heart aching the entire time. It is a beautiful story of young love that everyone should experience. But have your tissues ready, you're going to need them!

"I loved him. I loved him so, so much. I loved him with no regrets of yesterday and no fears of tomorrow. I loved him in the moment, quietly, with secret whispers of love that only our young spirits could comprehend."
5++ stars

No comments:

Post a Comment