Monday, April 27, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Purple Orchids by Samantha Christy

Synopsis:
One day . . . one moment . . . one letter.
One lie.
That’s all it took to change the course of our lives.

Gavin McBride
She blindsided me. Broke me. Shredded me.
And now she’s back, thinking I did the very same thing to her.
When I reach out to her, I get more than I bargained for. Much more.
There’s nothing to forgive. But I need her to forgive me.
There’s no way to go back. But I need us to move forward.

Baylor Mitchell
I found a way to survive.
Without him. Without us. Without the future he promised.
I never hid from him. I didn’t know I had anything to hide.
Until he threatened everything I knew to be true.
When he came back and I found out it was all a lie.

We need to accept the past.
We have to learn to trust in the future.
We must risk our hearts once more.
If we want any chance at reclaiming a love that never died . . . on that one day . . . in that one moment . . . with that one lie.

Note to reader: This book is a standalone novel. It is the first book in a series that follows three sisters.

Due to language and strong sexual content, this book is intended for mature audiences.



Review by Linda
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I have read by Samantha Christy. I received this ARC for an honest review.
How many relationships have ended over lies?

This book starts out in the present; flashes back to the college years, and then back to the present. I thought the author did a great job with the flow of the flashbacks.

 Gavin and Baylor meet in college. Baylor was a freshman and Gavin is the older jock. I loved this book more because he was a jock of a sport other than football.
Gavin is the handsome, upperclassman jock, and from a wealthy family.
Baylor is freshman from a small town, and her family owns their own business.  Baylor is literally knocked down by Gavin. Gavin can’t get this girl out of his head, so he slowly seeks her out. These characters seemed real. This book was not an instant love between characters. Their relationship was built slowly and with trust. The banter between the characters was easy and funny.

“Miss me”
“No.”
“Liar.”
“Yes.”

I couldn’t put this book down. I wanted to know the lie that changed everything. I was not was not disappointed when it was revealed. All the stars aligning for an explosion of this cute couple!
After the big reveal of the lie, the book flashes back to the present. Gavin and Baylor meet and begin to work through all the consequences of the lie. Get your tissues ready.

I swooned every time Gavin said, “Darlin” in his sexy Texas accent.

This book lost a half star for me in the ending. I felt like the author threw something in the end that didn’t need to be added. I know something had to happen to close out the mystery part of the book, but I wasn’t prepared for the closure. The end of the book went a little farther than I expected, but overall I loved this book. The book was full of love, sexy scenes, and heart-wrenching moments.


I would recommend this book to other people. I can’t wait for the next book in the series. 

Buy it here

No comments:

Post a Comment