Thursday, April 23, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Playing Dirty by C.L Parker

For fans of Bared to You and Beautiful Bastard comes the start of an irresistible new erotic romance series in which competition is the ultimate seduction.

Shaw Matthews plays to win, and he intends to snag a coveted partnership at San Diego's hottest sports agency by signing America's top athlete. Only one woman stands in his way: rival agent Cassidy Whalen. But eliminating the competition will be Shaw's pleasure when he concocts an ingenious plan to seduce Cassidy and show the beautiful ballbreaker who's the better man for the job. That is, until Cassidy turns the tables—and their steamy encounters start breaking all the rules. 

Cassidy has worked hard to make it in a man's cutthroat arena, and she isn't going down without a fight, not even against the six-two alpha hunk whose rock-hard body awakens desires she's never known before. As Cassidy shares night after night of unending passion with Shaw, the game begins to change. Now Cassidy stands to lose everything—unless a fiery contest of wills can become a winning proposition for two people who keep raising the stakes. 

Playing Dirty is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.



Review

Gifted via netgalley for honest review

This book is hard for me to review, while I liked the premise of the story - I found myself not fully being able to connect to it. Maybe it was because I wasn't too keen on the charachters, maybe it was (and I don't believe I'm going to say this) too much angst. I'm not sure what disconnected me from the general story but it sucks because I really wanted to love this one. 

Shaw and Cassidy are in competetion with each other. Each trying to seduce the other to make it to where they want to be. I really would have liked to have seen more... light- hearted moments, now don't get me wrong, it's full of steam, very bared to you - ish but I just really wanted more.

This book does end with a cliffhanger that leaves you needing answers and I *may* read the next book to see if everything is resolved and hope that the characters grow. This wasn't a bad book but it also wasn't a great book.

3 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment