Sunday, March 22, 2015

Book Review - Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?




Sav's Review

Escaping Reality is my first read by Lisa Renee Jones so I literally had no idea what to expect when I opened my kindle and dove in. Let me just tell you, she did not disappoint. This is a quick, easy, angst filled read that will have you craving more.

Lana lives her life on the run. Fear and darkness stalk her around every corner. She adapts, fits in, and flees whenever the time comes - and it always comes. She works herself in the ground just to try and not gain connections or make friends. It's not even what I would call living at all. Constant fear and nobody to share your life with, always changing names and identities.

Lana gets a call, her safety is at risk - it's time to run again. She leaves with her clothing on her back and a new identity waiting in a backpack.  When the airline makes a mistake Lana ends up riding first class and sitting next to one Liam Stone. A sexy billionaire who's successful and knows what he wants and will do anything to get it.  Liam decides he wants nothing more than to have Lana.

Liam is persistent and his good looks and charms are enough to break through Lana's walls but does he break them down enough for her to tell him her secrets? Or is Liam actually the one she should fear the most?

This is a cliffhanger book, just a warning for all those that may think it's a standalone. This book was well written. The flow was nice, and the characters were enjoyable. I was always on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was in store for me next. I will definitely be reading more from this author and I cannot wait to dive into book two.

4 Stars! 

Buy it here

No comments:

Post a Comment