Monday, February 2, 2015

VERUM~Courtney Cole - Pre- Order links and Review


"There’s savagery here, there’s grace. But above all, there’s oblivion and no matter what I do, I will be sucked into it." 


VERUM, the sequel to Courtney Cole's spellbindingly dark, heartwrenchind new adult psychological suspense, NOCTE, is coming February 2, 2015.

Are you ready?


VERUM-CourtneyCole-500px
My name is Calla Price and I'm drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I'm being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don't know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.

I'm entangled in the darkness.

But the truth will set me free.

It's just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.

Are you scared?

I am.



Angie's Review

Wow, just freaking wow! Courtney Cole does an amazing job of putting us back on that crazy train that we thought we may have exited at the end of Nocte. But this time, she is holding us hostage on it.

Verum is a confusing, crazy, creepy, brilliant book! It picks up pretty much where Nocte left off with Calla finding out the "truth" about the night of the accident. Dare is trying to help her retrieve all of her memories without telling her too much, so they travel to England where her mother grew up in hopes that it would help Calla recover.

This entire book I was saying to myself "WTF is going on??? I am so confused!" But definitely in a good way. I felt like I was reading the love child of Stephen King and Alfred Hitchcock. Whitley was a magical, creepy place. It made me think of The Shining. I am still wondering where it is going to fit into the rest of the story.

I don't want to give too much away, spoilers will definitely ruin this book. You need to be confused until the very end and then just when you think you have some answers.....BAM! Another question arises. I can't wait to read Lux and find out ALL of the answers to the many questions that remain.

I believe when this trilogy is complete is will be the best work that Courtney Cole has done thus far. Bravo, Courtney! And even though part of me wants to get off this crazy train that is the Nocte trilogy, I can't freaking wait to go for another ride!

5++ stars!
Preorder your copy now, and get it the second it's live:
Amazon | iBooks | Kobo
Add it to your Goodreads list
Get NOCTE (Book 1) on
Amazon | iBooks |  B&N | Kobo
Add it to your Goodreads list
Sign up for the NOCTE List and get exclusive series excerpts, teasers, and clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment