Monday, January 19, 2015

Review for Loyalty and Lies by L.A. Cotton


Synopsis: Eighteen-year-old Savanah Parry just moved three thousand miles across state to escape. The memories…the whispers…the pain. Chastity Falls Academy is supposed to be her fresh start; her salvation. And when Ana meets mysterious Jackson, she begins to think it is. She hasn’t smiled in almost sixteen months; not since the night her life changed forever, and despite her guilt…her loyalty, Ana can’t deny that Jackson is breathing life back into her. With Jackson by her side, Ana wants to believe she can heal and move on. But she isn’t the only one living a lie, and the small private Academy has secrets of its own. All is not what it seems, and Ana is about to find herself in a tangled web of lies; fighting for survival, again. Loyalties will be tested, lies will be told. Welcome to Chastity Falls
Review: Wooow…. Just wow! Loved this book! It was definitely different. Honestly, when I first started reading this book, my initial thoughts were, ‘oh no, not another young adult headed off to college with secrets and issues,’ and I even thought about putting it down. I’m so glad I didn’t! I couldn’t have been more wrong. This book may be about a young girl starting college far away from home to hide her secrets and everyone who knows her, but it takes some turns I definitely wasn’t expecting! Savanah Parry had everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, until one night… one bad decision, and her whole life changed dramatically. She was left feeling alone and all she wanted was to die. She wanted all of the sadness and regret to go away. Well, she couldn’t stay in a place where everyone knew her, where everyone blamed her. So she did what any girl in her situation would have done. She ran away. Not in the technical term, I mean, her family knew where she was. She just had to get away from all of the memories. She travels across the country to a college where no one knows her and all she wants to do is lay low and get through school. She definitely didn’t expect the situation she gets thrown into. She also didn’t expect to find someone who would change her… save her. “So, what happens now?” My voice was quiet. Jackson sighed against my neck and tucked me closer into the curve of his body. “I have no damn idea.” He pressed a kiss onto my shoulder and said, “But I can’t live without you in my life.” Jackson has been dealt a crap hand his whole life. He lost everything at a young age and was lucky enough to have a family that would do anything for him. Or was it luck at all? Maybe it was something else. After meeting Savanah, Jackson tries so desperately to stay away from her. All the secrets he has to keep and the people in his life are not a good combination for her. He just wants to keep her safe, but he just can’t stay away. For a while, they think it could work, but that was just wishful thinking… or was it? After a horrible incident, Jackson and Savanah think that everything is going to be okay and they will get their HEA, but everything is not as it seems. There are other people at play here. Will they find their happily ever after, or will they be left alone and broken hearted?
This book gave me chills. There were so many beautiful moments, and so many not so beautiful moment. Definitely going to read the next one… if the anticipation doesn’t kill me first. 4 stars. ~Review done by Tab~

No comments:

Post a Comment