Thursday, December 11, 2014

Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews - Review


Ali Rain
Sometimes I think to myself, “How did I get here?” Then the pain hits and I remember…it’s because she’s gone. I now live in a new town, go to a new school, and I’m supposed to be moving on with my new life. Only, I no longer know who I am anymore. Dancing is all I have left and every day I feel completely alone. Silence has become the theme song to my life. She said to find some joy and light, but I don’t know how. Mostly, I feel surrounded in darkness…that is until I meet him.

Drew Hale
I have only one goal, in 298 days I’m going to drive away from this small beach town and never return. People are always watching me closely, too close, and I’m tired of wearing a mask. I need to be free. Swimming is my ticket out of here and I remind myself daily to fly under the radar, stick to my routine, and under no circumstances let anything distract me. I’m not as perfect as they think, most days I am drowning in guilt. I’m not sure I will ever be able to escape the feelings of shame, worthlessness, and just being unwanted…that is until I meet her













Erycka's Review 







Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews

There is nothing worse than relocating during your high school career (I know this personally), what’s worse is relocating just as you start your senior year.

For Ali, she was uprooted from everything she’s ever known and dropped into the unknown and left to fend for herself. Her father is too busy working in a different town to notice she’s in pain.

One morning Ali goes running down near the ocean. She finds herself in the water and nearly drowning, until the strong arms of Drew rescue her.

Ahhh, Drew. He is completely swoon worthy. An athlete striving for Olympic proportions, he swims every morning. Lucky for Ali.

After their brief encounter on the beach, both go their separate ways.

Throughout the course of this book, I laughed, cried, cringed, and got frustrated. In my opinion, these are all signs of a good book. To find out the rest of Ali and Drew’s story, you’ll have to one click this gem.

4.5 stars

Buy it Here

No comments:

Post a Comment