Friday, November 7, 2014

Unteachable by Leah Raeder - Review

Maise O’Malley just turned eighteen, but she’s felt like a grown-up her entire life. The summer before senior year, she has plans: get into a great film school, convince her mom to go into rehab, and absolutely do not, under any circumstances, screw up her own future.

But life has a way of throwing her plans into free-fall.

When Maise meets Evan at a carnival one night, their chemistry is immediate, intense, and short-lived. Which is exactly how she likes it: no strings. But afterward, she can’t get Evan out of her head. He’s taught her that a hookup can be something more. It can be an unexpected connection with someone who truly understands her. Someone who sees beyond her bravado to the scared but strong girl inside.

That someone turns out to be her new film class teacher, Mr. Evan Wilke.

Maise and Evan resolve to keep their hands off each other, but the attraction is too much to bear. Together, they’re real and genuine; apart, they’re just actors playing their parts for everyone else. And their masks are slipping. People start to notice. Rumors fly. When the truth comes to light in a shocking way, they may learn they were just playing parts for each other, too.

Smart, sexy, and provocative, Unteachable is about what happens when a love story goes off-script.
 

Sav's 5 star review

When I read the synopsis of this book, I was immediately drawn to it. Kind of like a moth to a flame. The premise of the story, before I had even read it, completely captivated me. I had never heard of this author so I knew I was going to either love the book or hate it, because let's face it, a taboo relationship such as a student teacher is either going to go really well or it's going to go really wrong. Thankfully this book went really well.

This was a book that completely captivated me, I was instantly drawn into this fictional world. The characters made me love them and the plot made my tummy flutter. I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. 

Maise and Evan have a chance meeting one night. The pull is instantaneous. They don't know much about each other, all they know is that they can't stop the force that's pulling them to each other. They have a great night, a wild night filled with lust hazed passion. Then Maise runs away.... It's those daddy issues... She can't commit. She is a love em' and leave em' kind of gal. The thing is, Evan is just more.

When school starts back she goes into class on her first day of her last year and finds none other than Evan at the front of her class... He is her teacher! And yes, she had lied about her age.. (she was of age by the way so please don't think she was a young girl) she was in fact 18. She was forced at an early age to grow up. My heart went out to her.

They both knew they shouldn't want the other, they both tried to fight it, but soon lust won over and the beginning of a student/teacher romance was born. 

I was rooting for them as a couple throughout the whole book. Yes, he was older, yes he was a teacher, but I think he was good for her. What they had, grew into this beautiful love and it had me mesmorized and kept me turning the pages.

This was such an incredible read. For anyone who likes the not so typical love stories, this is definitely a book for you. The writing is flawless, the story is captivating, and the love is absolutely beautiful. Read it! Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment