Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review - The truth about air and water by Katherine Owen

The Truth In Lies Series. READ This Much Is True, book 1 first, although it's been written as a standalone. Readers say, don't do that. 

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” -Ernest Hemingway ~ A Farewell To Arms 

They share an epic love but one moment changes everything. A life together that seemed certain is shattered. One learns you never love the same way twice; the other learns what it means to come home. You only think you know how this love story goes, but do you really know how an epic love can end? 

“There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.” 
-F. Scott Fitzgerald 

She is living color, and I’ve been in a black-and-white world for far too long without her.
Powerful stuff. It surrounds me. I’ve felt it since I first arrived. The forcefield of her. The magnetism of her. The power she wields over me. I’m alive again because of her, like a dying plant that finally gets some water. I’ve got it bad for this girl.
Reality dawns.
The light comes through the darkness and shines on me.
She’s my water.
 
-Lincoln Presley 

The truth is I breathe with him. He is my air. Raison d’etre. 
-Tally Landon 


Sav's Review

First off, let me say that I STRONGLY suggest you read book one first. This one CAN be read as a standalone but in my honest opinion, I think the reader needs the full affect.

With that said - Tally and Linc basically go through the ringer. In book one you read their story and it completely and utterly shreds you. It's so full of loss, pain, and lies. I cannot even describe it to you. So with this book I was hoping it would be a little bit lighter for them, hell even lighter for me. Guess again...

So much is going on in this book. Marriage preparations, which let's face it, is never easy. Especially for famous people. This book had me on high alert. I was constantly holding my breath, sometimes scared at what the next page would bring. 

I was scared and cried and finally rejoicing for this couple that endured so much. This is a story full of twists and turns but the author has a knack for making you cry and shattering you then completely rebuilding you. Over and over and over again.

This is not an easy journey to take but it's a journey well worth it. I loved this book and would highly suggest it, but please read book one first. Please please please. 
I give this book Stars!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my work!

    Best,

    Katherine Owen

    ReplyDelete