Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken - Review

When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*


Sav's Review

Ok, so I will admit that I never was compelled to read this book. Like ever. I heard some friends say it was great but still never picked it up. I also had never even read the synopsis, I just cast this book off like it was no big deal. Then one day some friends were discussing it with me being very vague and totally peaked my interest. So I read the book, and holy hello I feel like a complete idiot. 

Trace wins this once in a lifetime lottery to go to this special school that literally NOBODY can get into. She is just a small town, Wyoming girl that lives with her grandparents and feeds the cows. She has NO idea what she is getting herself into by going to this school. As soon as she gets there you see that this is no normal school, the rules are a bit... unorthodox and the kids are mean.

Nixon and his friends "greet" her as soon as she gets there and explain some ground rules. They are jerks and I immediately wanted to punch them. At one point I got so damn angry I was spitting curse words but Trace is strong and she does not let them phase her. She will not break.

As the story goes on, so much peaks your interest, so many things don't make sense. Some peoples actions don't make sense. And then when it all starts to fall into place just whoa.

I ended up completely falling for Nixon. The twists and turns are constant. And nothing is EVER as it seems. Her life is a lie. Her past is a lie. 

This book absolutely without a doubt blew my mind. It is absolutely incredible and I wish I hadn't waited so long to read it. You will no doubt love this book. It is perfection. Flawless even. And brings out so many emotions, that you never even knew you had. I HIGHLY suggest this book. I give it 5 STARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment