Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review - Watching Fireflies by Jaycee Ford

Jordan Hawthorne thought she had it all until a surprise for her fiancé turns into losing everything that she ever wanted. She flees her home in Charlotte, North Carolina to take a new job in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and make a new start where her ex-fiancé can’t find her. Jordan is just beginning to adjust to her new life in the middle of nowhere when a small town cowboy walks in and disrupts it all.

Tom McCloud never had time for a serious commitment, always too busy with running his grandparents’ farm. Everything changes when he stumbles upon a broken-hearted city girl and a steamy buzz ignites between them. But what happens when the city girl can’t stay hidden in the country for long?


Tab's Review


 Holy Cowboys Batman!!!!!! Oh my God, I just got finished reading this AMAZING book. I was literally enthralled from beginning to end. I was just complaining the other day that I'm tired of reading books where you have to wait until halfway through the book to get to the drama and twists. This book though, the first chapter had me gripping my chest! I haven't read a good cowboy book in a while and this one just takes the cake for me. I absolutely love Tom!!!! *SWOON*

"Jordan, I want you to know I'll never ever hurt you. You mean so much to me already. I couldn't stand ever hurting you, but, baby... if we start this, I'll never want to stop."

 He is every woman's dream! There were a few moments in there when I felt like he was being a bit controlling and I thought Jordan may take off on him, but he was only trying to do what he thought was best for Jordan and her safety and I'm soooo glad she seen that too. Jordan is so sweet and lovable! All she wanted was to finish her Master's degree, get the job of her dreams and get married. Poor girl just had everything ripped from her grasp! All because of stupid old Ryan! I dislike that man with a passion! He got what he deserved though! So super proud of Jordan!!!!!! She won my heart with her bravery and will to live, just to get back to Tom. He's all cornbread fed, country boy raised, MAN!!! He's a gentleman to the core and he is my new book boyfriend! It's going to be hard to top him!!!

"Jordan, I know something bad happened to your heart befor you moved. I don't know what it is, and I'm not asking you to tell me. All I'm asking is for you to give me a chance to fix it."


 There is only one thing about this whole book that I would change, and that would be Tom's name. I swear that name was used more times than I can count in the romance novels I used to steal from my mom lol. But honestly, after reading the whole thing, the name kind of fits.
I adore the other characters! Especially Ellie! Give me a friend that designs and makes my clothes anyday, I'll love her forever!!!

The ending was my favorite part. Yes, I cried. Especially at the very end!!!

There were so many twists and turns, my head was spinning!!! In a good way though!
I can easily give this book 5 STARS *****
I cannot wait to read more from this author!!!


Release set for August 19,2014




No comments:

Post a Comment