Wednesday, April 30, 2014

*REVIEW* Provoke by Missy Johnson



Mace Jordan was not the type of guy I expected to sweep me off my feet. I knew of the crowd he ran with, and they were bad news. But beyond that tough, biker exterior was a sweetheart, and one that treated me like his princess.
I liked being the good girl with the bad boy, but I never expected this. What I saw on his computer…I thought I knew him. 

But I was wrong. So wrong…

If there was ever a bad time for me to fall for a chick it was now, but from the moment I saw Leeta, she had me. There was something special about her, and I had to have her. But I also had a job to do, and I couldn’t let her distract me from that. I couldn’t let her discover that side of me either. But she’s not stupid, and I know she’s getting close. God knows what she’ll do if she discovers the truth. 

Or what she thinks is the truth







Erycka's Review

Provoke by Missy Johnson

Copy provided for honest review.

Whoa…just whoa! This is the first book I’ve read from Missy. And let me just say, she blew me away!! The plot twists and the added layers had me reeling! There were many stages of the book where I literally said, “what the what, oh hell no she didn’t, and holy shyte.”

Leeta is a twenty-three year old junior prosecutor working for DPP (Department of Prosecutions). She comes from a good family and the ‘right’ side of the tracks. She’s feisty, determined, focused, and in love with Cash.

Mace is tall, handsome, and has a bit of a ‘bad boy’ appearance. And happens to be the son of “the infamous Ronald Jordan’ and from the ‘wrong’ side of the tracks.

Leeta and Mace meet one another in a sketchy bar that Leeta went to with her friend. A big burly man hones in on the girls, Mace see this, and slips in to save the day. After several hours of kissing and talking, Leeta decides she wants to see more of Mace. She didn’t know he was the son of a gang leader serving time in prison. She just knew she like him.

As the story progressed, I though it was going to be like many of the other “love” stories I’ve read. It was NOTHING like I expected! The added suspense, the twists, and turns kept me at the edge of my seat. When it was over, I was definitely shaken. In a good way.

If you’re like me and have never picked up a Missy Johnson book; this is a great first read. If you’re a Missy Johnson vet and haven’t yet read this; one-click it now!!

4.5 WHAT THE WHAAAT STARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment