Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review of Finding Solace by Barbara Speak

Synopsis:

Sadie Warren is a walking contradiction. The confidence she wears on the outside is only to cover the scars that are imbedded on her soul. Coming out of an abusive relationship where she was stripped of her security and confidence, she chooses to bury it under every man she gives her body to. 
After one intoxicated night that she will never remember in its entirety, everything begins to change. Being seen more for her positive attributes and less for her faults, Sadie arises from the dark and into a place she feels safe. But with that comes a chain of events that blur the lines of everything she thought she needed and everything she's beginning to want. 


Will fear keep her from the one thing she believes she desires most or will fate take a turn unexpectedly and change everything? 


Leia's Review: 

There are so many books out there. Truly an inordinate amount of books that center around two specific people and their journey together. And while, on the whole, these are my kind of books – it’s truly refreshing to get something different. 

Yes, Finding Solace has love. But it’s not centered around a particular “couple”. Honestly, this story is about Sadie Warren. Period. This is Sadie’s journey. Her life. And it is absolutely awesome to read about so many of the things that we all experience.

Sadie is in college. She has a wonderful group of friends, a great family and overall a pretty great life. However, after an abusive relationship with her ex, she is (understandably) leery of trusting men. But, when she finds it in her to give someone a chance, it really is a beautiful thing. 

I don’t want to give too much of what happens away, because that would just spoil the book – and it is definitely something that you should experience for yourself. 

Suffice to say that Sadie is lucky enough to fall in love over and over. And you are right there to do it with her. I am not talking about jumping from guy to guy and a bunch of “insta-love” here. I am talking about all different kinds of love. 

You get to feel the slow building, everlasting love of finding a new best friend. 
You get to experience the kind of love that brings you from the person you were to the person you need to be – right when you need it the most. 
And you get to find the most beautiful love. A truly selfless, soul deep kind of love that only happens once in a lifetime. 

I know that everyone has experienced some type of love in their life, so I feel like everyone will be able to relate to this story. 
I will say – there are a few times I just wanted to SMACK Sadie. Shake her shoulders and say “WAKE UP WOMAN!!”. However, when I got to thinking about it, I realized – hindsight is 20/20. And if I was in her shoes, I would be doing a lot of things the same way. 

There is so much…..STORY here. And I know that my review is sparing on the details, but trust me when I say there is a reason for that. Just know that this book is full of life. 

Life isn’t always pretty, but it’s always beautiful in the end. And that’s the best way I can think to describe this book. 

Grab yourself a copy and settle in for lots of laughs, a few tears and a happy heart. 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment