Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review of Sex in the Title by Zack Love

Sex in the Title
by
Zack Love


Synopsis:
New York City, May 2000. The Internet bubble has burst, and Evan's boss fires him with an email. The next day, his girlfriend dumps him, also via email. Afraid to check any more emails, Evan desperately seeks a rebound romance but the catastrophes that ensue go from bad to hilariously worse. Fortunately, Evan meets someone whose legendary disasters with females eclipse even his own.

To reverse their fortunes, they recruit their friends into a group of five guys who take on Manhattan in pursuit of dates, sex, and adventure. With musings about life, relationships, and human psychology, this quintessential New York story about the search for happiness follows five men on their comical paths to trouble, self-discovery, and love.
Review:
Okay, let me start by saying that this is not the kind of book I would normally read. It was recommended to me by several members of the Controlled group on facebook. With so many people recommending it, I just had to read it. Well, it was hard for me to get into Sex in the Title in the beginning.... actually I was almost 50% through it and was ready to give up. After asking advice on this (because I hate leaving a book unfinished, and all books deserve to be reviewed, and of course a book should be finished before being reviewed), and getting so many responses to keep going, I had to finish it. I am so glad that I did!!!! This book is funny and at times emotional. I can tell, after reading this book, that Zack Love is a highly intelligent author. I was stunned throughout the book with his usage of certain words. I'm not used to reading books based on men, especially five different men. There's Sammy aka Heeb who is the funniest, balding, Jew ever!!!! Then Carlos, the perfect hispanic man who refuses to settle for any less than perfect. Evan is the highly intelligent computer programmer who sometimes goes to the extremes to get a woman (e.g. his almost fatal "freebie"). Then we have Yi aka Narc who loves basketball, sex and drugs but instead of chasing his dreams, he lives for his family. Last but not least, we have Trevor who finds himself in a difficult situation and later lands himself in an ashram to cleanse himself. I love the characters and the fact that all these very different men ended up together helping each other on their quest to find "Mrs. Right". I give this book 4 sexy stars. Even though it was a struggle at the beginning, it was well worth it when I made it to the end. P.S. I would not recommend this to those who are looking for a book including a lot of sex, despite the title, this book is not filled with sexual encounters. However, it is a very good book and I'm hoping that Zack Love gets enough recognition for it so we can get a sequel!!!!!!
Review by ~TAB



1 comment:

  1. Hi!!! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for The Sunshine Blogger Award!!!!

    http://kriskritiques.wordpress.com/2014/01/25/sunshine-award/

    ReplyDelete