Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Double review for Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds


November is looking forward to getting to know her father and the safety of a small town. After leaving the big apple and her bad memories for Tennessee, November starts working for her dad at his strip club doing the books. The one time she’s allowed there during club hours she runs into Asher Mayson. He’s perfect until he opens his mouth and makes assumptions. November wants nothing to do with Asher but too bad for November fate has other plans. Asher Mayson has never had a problem getting a woman that is until November. Now all he can think about is making November his and keeping her safe. 

THIS IS NOT A CLIFF HANGER. 

*Recommended for mature audiences 17+ due to strong language and sexual content.*





Sav's review-

Holy crap! Can i just say that when I started this book I knew I would like it but it totally exceeded my expectations? I read this book because a friend kept asking me too, on a *sigh* I was like yeah sure I will read it. I know that sounds bad but I was in a funk and didn't think any book would do justice and let me tell you. I was wrong!!! Completely wrong! 

The book starts out when November was attacked and has to go live with her daddy. She meets the sexy Asher one night and he is an ASS but let me tell you it is HILARIOUS. I found myself grinning like a cheshire cat through most of this book (really my face hurt from smiling so much). I loved the fact that nothing 'stupid' caused Asher and November to break up or fight. I loved the family aspect of this book. I loved Asher's brothers. I loved Asher's parents. I loved November's dad. I LOVED NOVEMBER AND ASHER! See so much to frikkin love in this book. 

This book does have angst and some things happen and yes you will freak cause I sure as hell did. November is a loveable character and I like how Asher can read her, he knows her almost better than she knows herself. I liked the character build up of all the characters. Also i must address some things... 
1- insta love, I see several people complaining about it in this book BUT I love how the author incorporated it into the storyline with his dad and grand-dad. The insta love makes sense, it fits and I loved how Aurora did it. It was sweet and I'm so glad she added that into this story it just made sense. 

"What did I tell you son?" he says looking at Asher. " When it happens- BOOM!"


'From the time I was young, my father and grandfather told me and my brothers that we were cursed. They said that we would only find one love. When we met the woman who was ours, it would be like an explosion. Nothing else would matter but her.'


2- I see people complaining about editing. Yes there is a few spots that editing is not spot on but I didn't feel that it took away from the storyline AT ALL!

This book is fun, flirty, and hot! It's a story that blurres all the lines and pushes all the limits. It shows you that love and family (blood or not) really does concur all. I HIGHLY suggest this book. It was amazing and I just really really loved it. I can't wait until the next book in this series. 

5 Flirty, Fun Stars 

*********************************************************************************

Leia's Review

Sweet baby Jesus! 
I am addicted to this series now!! 

I started this book as a buddy read with Sav. Honestly – I wasn’t expecting a lot. It wasn’t a book that I had heard a lot about and I knew that it was a debut novel, so I tried to go into it without many expectations. All I can say is that I am so glad that I decided to give this series a chance! 

This is the story of November. She is moving to Tennessee to be with her father after being brutally attacked in NYC, where she has lived with her - *ahem* witch of a mother her entire life. She decides to work with her father at his very interesting club to keep the books. On her first day at the job, she has a run-in with the incredibly stunning Asher Mayson. 

Now – I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I am NOT a fan of “insta” love. I find that it tends to make the relationship unbelievable and it makes it hard to connect with the characters. HOWEVER I must be in the author induced “Asher-Fog” because even though this book is based on an “insta” love – I was addicted. 

" I realized yesterday that I needed to stake my claim before some stupid fuck got to you. That’s why I did what you called ‘kidnapping.’ I like to call that ‘securing my future.’ We’re going to see where this goes, November, and while we’re doing that, it’s not going to be casual.”

Asher is an extreme alpha. Some may find that he demanding, overbearing presence is too much…I am not one of those people! I loved every second I got to spend with Asher. 

November thought that when she escaped the isolated attack in New York, she would be safe. But, lucky her – trouble seems to follow her. Through the break-ins, random flower deliveries and creepy poetry she is reminded that she just might not be as safe as she thought. Asher makes it his mission to protect her and not let any harm come to her – he loves her too much to lose her. 

“No, it’s selfish,” I cry. “Other people love you and count on you, not just me. No matter what happens to me, promise that you will never give up on life. That you will always fight to be happy. I'm not your only happiness.” “No, you’re my bliss,” he says, smiling, but I can’t smile back. This is too serious.

I also loved that this story wasn’t just about Asher and November. Asher has a HUGE family. And I loved getting to know about each and every one of them. They are all amazing characters and brought a wonderful fullness to the story. 

This book is full of laugh-out-loud scenes, alpha male tendencies, tons of drama and just the right amount of hot, passionate moments.

I will be waiting on pins and needles until I can get my hands on Until Trevor!!

5 Fabulously Fun Stars 




No comments:

Post a Comment