Monday, September 9, 2013

Review of Cage by Harper Sloan

Holy Hot Alpha Male!! 

What can I say? I devoured this book…I’m talking up until 3:30am, need an IV of coffee to make it through Monday, but it was so worth it devoured. 

Greg Cage. Mmmmm. I had a crush on Greg Cage in Axel (Corps Security #1), so I’ve loved him for a while now. And he didn’t let me down. Not for one minute. 

Cage has had a hard run of things. After he lost his sister to an abusive husband, he chases the man responsible with vengeance. He is driven by revenge. To the point of sacrificing a normal life and stable relationships. But what happens when the revenge you seek is a ghost? How do you let go of guilt that was never yours to bear? 

Melissa is haunted too. She doesn’t trust men. Why? Because her dad was a piece of work, and her sister was also killed by an abusive husband, leaving her and her mother to care for her orphaned nephew, Cohen. She doesn’t let people in. She refuses to be weak and she refuses to ‘need’ anyone. 

Greg and Melissa meet and it is insta-attraction. Greg Cage screams alpha-male, and Melissa refuses to become the weak woman that she thinks all alpha-males need in their lives. So she fights this attraction. Hard. 

But Greg has his sights set on Melissa, and he doesn’t give up. And honestly, who can resist hot, sexy and unbelievably swoony Greg Cage for long? Yeah, that’s right – Nobody!

“ ‘Whatever this might have been for you before now baby, there is no trying or going slow. I know you felt it; it was all over your face. I feel like I just found a piece of myself that has been lost forever.’ ” 

I read with open fascination as Greg and Melissa embarked on their relationship. I loved every minute of it. There is so much passion, I swear to you, I thought that my kindle would spontaneously combust. There is angst. But there is also humor. 

“I turn an jump slightly when he smacks my ass, but when we both hear Cohen laugh, we both look over at him. ‘Told you that you were going to go to time out! You shouldn’t look at wieners Melwee.’ ” 

And a secret. A secret that Cage is keeping from Melissa. A secret that could tear them apart. 

BONUS! Okay – I have seen other authors mention characters from other books – talk about other books in their books, but Ms. Sloan – she brings us Braxxon Breaker!! (Braxx is from Seize Me – if you haven’t read it, you need to, it’s fabulous). 
She doesn’t just talk about Braxx. Oh no – he is in the book! Squuuueeee! *fan girls*

“ ‘Breaker.’ I hear snapped through the line. ‘It’s Cage. Break….Neck. Fucking Breakneck’ ” 

Drama unfolds page by page and you are sucked into this story from the minute you start. Thank you to Harper Sloan for including all of the other much loved characters from Corps Security!! (Including Sway – eeeep! I love Sway). This book doesn’t disappoint at all! It is a fabulous read that will keep you guessing from one page to the next. I highly recommend it! 

4.5 Thrilling Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment