Thursday, September 5, 2013

Exclusive Teaser For Unspoken Memories by Gabbie S Duran

Y'all be sure to mark this on your tbr it is absolutely amazing :)









"I can't leave her, she's our money ticket!" he says in a very stressed tone.
"How much good is she to you now? She's in a coma! We don’t know if she's ever going to wake up." This comes from the woman, and from the way she says it, I know she isn’t happy.
"Well, it doesn't matter, I need a little more time to try to figure out how to access the rest of the funds. The longer she's in this coma, the more time is on my side, and the more money we get."
Okay, this is where the conversation is getting really interesting to me. At this point I'm trying hard to open my eyes, but I keep getting pulled somewhere else, back into the darkness. My gut feeling is telling me keep my eyes closed and keep listening, so that's what I'm trying to do, I’m fighting the pull that wants to take me away.
"Well, I'm tired of being your fuck buddy, I want more!” she demands of him in a very loud whisper.
Fuck buddy? Why is she being a fuck buddy, and whose? But by the way she tells him this, I have a feeling that she's been his fuck buddy for a while.
"Look, when we started this you knew to never expect more, but if she's going to be a vegetable for a while, I'm thinking things are going to change very soon."
This doesn’t sound good. I start to freak out, especially since I feel like a vegetable right now. No matter how hard I’m trying, I can’t move a muscle. I wonder, are they speaking about me?
The room suddenly grows quiet, and I start to hear footsteps fading in the distance. I believe they’re leaving, because I hear the opening and closing of a door.
I give it a couple of seconds, but the room is still silent. I can finally relax. Then all of a sudden, the darkness begins to take over again.
Unspoken Memories      Releasing October 11th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment