Friday, December 27, 2013

His Wounded Light Review (The Light In The Wound 2)





The perfect life.

The perfect marriage.

The jilted lover.

Their worlds collide.

Fate intervenes twelve years later and their paths intersect once again. All three will question whether the heart is truly capable of dividing and being divided; each will decide whether it matters who you loved first or who you love last.

Together they will learn that in the end, there can always only be one.



 ~This is the second in the series and The Light In The Wound should be read first~
 

It has taken me a couple days to process this book...

What an AMAZINGLY heart-breakingly beautiful story... The book is done in three POV's, and I love being in each characters head during their part.

I LOVED TLITW, and was Team Alex till the cows came home... This book made me question how I really felt about him.

It starts out with another prologue that knocks your socks off and hooks you right away.

At the end of TLITW, Alex and Isabel are together and living happily ever after. When this book opens up, they are on a vacation away from the kids celebrating their twelve year anniversary. They are trying to find a perfect spot to hook the lock with their names on it, on the Pont des Arts. Things are going so well, and you are jealous of the love that they share. You think that nothing can be wrong in their perfect marriage.

"It is not the lack of love but the lack of a friendship that makes unhappy marriages." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Isabel has been having nightmares, but doesn't want to share with Alex what they entail. Alex tries and tries to get her to open up about them, but she keeps telling him there nothing. They enjoy the rest of their TRIP, but are anxious to get home to the kids.

Leigh and Betty are back, and still just as close as ever with Isa and Alex.

Alex and Leigh seem to have a 'secret' of their own. I had no clue where it would go... and that eventually it would break my heart.

Jesse is introduced back into the story, but now has a fiance, Rose.

Eventually the secret that Alex has been keeping from Isa comes out, he wants to start racing, and has bought a specific car for it. Isa is afraid that his racing will take him away from her, by him getting hurt. She finally gives in and allows him to race, but gives him conditions to be able to do it. The number one condition being that he always comes home to her.... Sadly, while practicing one day, a storm hits, and lighting strikes the track causing Alex to get into an accident.

Him getting hurt DESTROYED me.... While he is in the hospital, Jesse shows up to tell Isa that he is there for her, if she needs him.

Alex ends up partially paralyzed and is wheelchair bound when he is finally released from the hospital. Isa remains the amazing wife, trying to be by his side, but Alex feels like he is too much of a burden....and asks for a divorce.

I thought my heart was going to fall out of my chest, my eyes burned from crying so much, and I wasn't sure how I would be able to go on and finish the book.

Isa becomes a person trying to cope with the loss of her marriage. She finds comfort in the friendship of Jesse (who has left his fiance, in hopes that he can rekindle his relationship with Isa) And she finds comfort in the bed of another man, Luke. She turns to this dark place to numb the pain of losing Alex, the only true love that she has ever had. I was not very happy with the path that Isa was taking, but could understand why.

"I lost my soul because of you, Alex, and I don't know how to get it back."

'For the longest time, I thought that love meant staying and persevering. Today, I know that love is living, giving, believing and letting go. Sometimes it even takes twelve years for you to question whether or not you ever really had it.'

'a lock secured in place is like a heart that never gives up. It stays steadfast and strong and it holds on through adversity and strife, knowing that its sole purpose is to keep and preserve what is essential and disregard and leave out what is irrelevant.'

I will not say how the books ends, but I will say that it tested every emotion that I have. 


Five beautiful, get your tissues ready STARS




I'm so glad that I read these books by Christine, and will recommend them to everyone!


Amazon - The Light In The Wound
Amazon - His Wounded Light

No comments:

Post a Comment